The classic 2-day (16hr) Standard First Aid course focuses on dealing with life-threatening emergencies in the urban environment. You will learn about:
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- The “Check, Call, Care” approach
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle, and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
This course is mandatory for Scouts looking to get their Chief Scout Award and is a recommended minimum for all Scouters. SFA is a great launching point for more advanced first aid courses. Red Cross courses are also accepted by the Lifesaving Society for the prerequisite requirements towards lifesaving and lifeguarding courses.
Our SFA courses always include CPR-C: skills for adults, children, and infants.
Do you have a previous SFA certification and need to renew? No need to take the full course – check out our renewal courses.
Included in Course Fees
- 3 year certification with the Canadian Red Cross (when you successfully complete the course)
- A personal copy of the Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Positive Mental Attitude
- current and active registration with Scouts Canada or Girl Guides of Canada
Standard First Aid - Open to all Scout Groups (SFA-2020-A) at Camp McLean on Sat, Feb 1, 2020 - Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Standard First Aid - Open to all Scout Groups (SFA-2020-B) at Coquitlam Scout Hall on Sat, Mar 14, 2020 - Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Standard First Aid - Open to all Scout Groups (SFA-2020-C) at Coquitlam Scout Hall on Sat, May 2, 2020 - Sun, May 3, 2020 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Standard First Aid - Open to all Scout Groups (SFA-2020-D) at Coquitlam Scout Hall on Sat, Jun 6, 2020 - Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm